Saturday 1 March 2014

Making Trees


I've not posted for a while. So I thought I'd share this quick technique for making trees. Whilst out walking some time ago I picked up some moss type stuff I found on the ground. I thought it looked good for terrain and used it occasionally for bushes on the table.

Then the other day I saw a guy on you tube making some trees out of moss bought at a flower shop. I thought it looked similar to the stuff I'd picked up off the ground. Anyhow I thought I'd give it a go and thought the results looked pretty effective.

They were incredibly quick and easy to make so here's how.

Collect some twigs, ideally with a fork shape.

Collect your moss.

With a hot glue gun simply stick the moss to the twig.

Get a washer or 2p coin.

I increased the width of the base of the twig with glue.

Then used the hot glue gun to stick the twig to the washer. I was deliberately messy to give the washer some texture.

Paint the base. As the glue dries super fast you can do this immediately.

While the paint is wet add flock and leaf debris.

As I was experimenting I only made a few but will certainly make more. They literally took a few minutes to make.

I'd been making trees using woodland scenic stuff but these trees are much easier, quicker and definitely cheaper. So next time your out for a walk keep a look out for the moss.

Have a go. It's worth the little bit of effort.







3 comments:

  1. Tamil Nadu Board which Conducts the Examination of Plus Two in Month of March. Supplementary Examination Conducts in month of Jun. TN HSC Question Paper 2021 TN DGE board Annually and Private and Regular Students Participate in Plus One & Plus Two Examination every year more than laks of students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BSNL Recharge Plans, View the tariff of one year plan, and check the validity of each FRC 2021 to avail unlimited 4G data and calls with free SMS & applicable full talk time for your mobile in all India. BSNL prepaid plans BSNL announced new promotional offer upto 31.03.2021 for PV 399 with 1+1GB data and PV699 with extra validity of 20days, and where PV1999 aill get 30days extra validity for both plan & freebies for the recharges during the period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BSNL Recharge Plans, View the tariff of one year plan, and check the validity of each FRC 2021 to avail unlimited 4G data and calls with free SMS & applicable full talk time for your mobile in all India. BSNL prepaid plans BSNL announced new promotional offer upto 31.03.2021 for PV 399 with 1+1GB data and PV699 with extra validity of 20days, and where PV1999 aill get 30days extra validity for both plan & freebies for the recharges during the period.

    ReplyDelete